IT Support Specialist (m/w/d)
Solera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s other most important assets: our homes and digital identities. Today, Solera processes over 300 million digital transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in more than 90 countries. Our 6,500 team members foster an uncommon, innovative culture and are dedicated to successfully bringing the future to bear today through cognitive answers, insights, algorithms and automation.
This role is based in Germany in our Sachcontrol GmbH Legal Entity. It calls for an individual that is very highly motivated, experienced in on-site IT support and able to manage multiple and competing priorities and able to remain calm under pressure. ‘Always on’. The role encompasses all activities and technologies related to a leading-edge enterprise office environment, including desktop and mobile hardware & software (Windows, Mac, IOS & Android), AV distribution and networking. There is no such thing as a typical day, each will be different, some will be reactive, and other days will be driving forward to ensure stability and consistency in all of the technology platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Support the end-user community
- User on-boarding and off-boarding using AD tools. Other user IMAC activity, such as mailbox moves, changes to phone set-up etc.
- Asset Management of our IT Assets
- Help resolve software and hardware issues, desktop and mobile.
- Follow established procedures.
- Support the office technology platforms, including wireless and wired networks, conference room technology (Zoom and Microsoft Teams), automation systems, AV streaming technology.
- Be current with the latest software (predominantly the entire Microsoft M365 suite, but also awareness of other typical enterprise apps, such as Trello, Jira/Atlassian)
- Leverage vendor support wherever possible to offer the best solution, quickly.
- Be OS agnostic – we love Mac and Windows equally J
- Be diligent in ensuring support tickets are closed within SLA, with meaningful information.
- Relentlessly look for ways to improve what we do. Challenge the status-quo.
- Deployment of hardware using Intune and Autopilot.
- Do everything with data security and SOX compliance in mind.
What You’ll Bring
This person needs to have come from a multi-disciplined background and be able to work at all levels within the company, on any type of IT problem or project. Specifically:
- Strong and proven experience with user support in a mixed-vendor, mixed OS environment.
- Ability to earn trust and build relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; well presented.
- Creativity and the capacity to innovate.
- Fully conversant with Windows & MacOS. Able to use each interchangeably.
- Fully conversant with Mac & PC hardware, IOS hardware and related accessories
- Strong and demonstrable experience with the full Office365 suite
- Prior experience of Zoom and Microsoft Teams conferencing (Zoom Rooms & MTR)
- Specific experience with Office365 from an administration point of view
- Familiarity with Trello, Jira, AD Manager, Provision Point
- OneDrive & SharePoint troubleshooting
- Network and basic hardware troubleshooting
- Prior experience of executive level/white glove support
All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned